1. Start: Junction of Kyle Canyon Rd. (Hwy 157) and Harris Springs Road. Harris Springs Road
2. (3 miles) Proceed up Harris Springs Road to Harris Mountain Road. Harris Mountain Road
3. (5 miles) Rt. on Harris Mountain Road to Griffith Peak Trailhead.
4. (10 miles) Take Griffith Peak Trail to South Loop Trail to Mt. Charleston Peak. Grffith Peak Trail (via Harris Saddle)
5. (11 miles) Descend on North loop to Deer Creek Road (Hwy 158) North Loop
6. (9 miles) Lf. on Hwy 158 to Lf. on Lee Canyon (Hwy 157) to Lower Bristlecone Pine Trailhead. Bristlecone Loop
7. (18 miles) Rt. on Bonanza Trail Head to town of Coal Creek. Bonanza Trail
8. (6 miles) Continue on Coal Creek Rd. until I hit 100 km (62 miles).
Mile Point: Time: Station:
0 Start 5:00am Kyle Canyon Road and Harris Springs Rd.
8 7:00am Griffith Peak Trailhead
13 8:30am Griffith Peak
18 10:00am Mt. Charelston Peak
29 12:30pm North Loop Trailhead
37 2:00pm Bristlecone Loop Trailhead
41 3:00pm Bonanza Trailhead
56 6:00pm Coal Creek (Bonanza Trailhead)
62 7:00pm Run out Coal Creek rd until I reach 100k
Post run update: I did not pull this one off again. I started out OK, finishing the first 8.5 mile climb up to the Griffith Peak Trailhead in a little less then two hour, but I was feeling a knot in my right hamstring that just did not seem to want to go away. It progressively was getting worse so I decided to turn back early. Depending on weather and early winter storms, I will see if I can make another attempt late October or early November. I can't really do it earlier because I will be concentrating on getting in shape for the St. George Marathon which I was fortunate enough to win a free entry to.