BHS 100K

Here is some video and pictures from the 2013 Bishop Ultramarathon. I completed the 100K in 14 hours 22 minutes.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Mini Earthquake Tremors

Post work-out protein shake. - yum-yum
At first I wasn't sure if it was real or if it was my imagination, yet there it was again.  Yes, it was definitely real, but nothing to be alarmed about.  At least it wasn't more mind blowing cramps like the ones I was getting on the ride back from Griffith Peak last Saturday.  My right quadriceps was twitching ever so slightly but really fast like a  dog scratching a flea - mini earthquake tremors  was calling them.  Probably just a small little electrical disturbance in one of my nerves deep down in the muscle I figured, not that I would know since it was the first time I ever felt such a twitch.  Actually it was kind of neat; another one of those brand new experiences brought to you by the world of ultra-running. At first I only felt the twitch while standing still, but later I felt it while walking and tonight I even felt it come and go while running.  No big deal; just stuff getting settled after that major effort I put in on that Griffith Peak run last Saturday.  Today,  my first run since that 27 mile slugger, I put in 8 miles on the roads; the first couple were a little painful but I loosened up enough to put in a couple of faster miles (7:30 pace) around mile 6 and 7 before I coasted home for my protein shake.  I am attributing my milk, whey protein, strawberry, banana, honey and ginger post run recovery shakes for my fast recovery times of late.  The ginger is courtesy of a suggestion by my sister Dawn; she says it reduces muscle inflammation after a run so I have been giving it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment