BHS 100K

Here is some video and pictures from the 2013 Bishop Ultramarathon. I completed the 100K in 14 hours 22 minutes.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Recovery/ Injury report report

I have been slowly working my way back into my running grove after I sustained that hamstring injury in my right leg this summer.  I am happy that I finally found a good deep tissue massage therapist.  He found a lump of tissue deep in my right hamstring that even surprised him.  He said that the tissue seems "to have morphed into something very different than anything he has ever seen before."  That was not very reassuring, but he has been slowly working it out for me.  I have seen him three times already and I totally recommend him.  His name is Scott and this is his web page.  Proactive Health Therapeutic  If you mention his facebook add you will get the 1st two sesions for the price of one so what have you got to lose.

I also designed and put together my own self deep tissue hamstring massager which I am using on a daily basis.  I use it right before I go out for a run and man does it ever help.  I am running 8 to 10 miles with ease now though not at a very aggressive pace yet and averaging about 40 or so miles a week.  I keep looking at those mountains that surround the Vegas valley and I really long to get back up there.  There must be some way to circumnavigate all those ridges.  I wonder how many miles that would be?  Probably at least a couple of hundred.  Below is a picture of my new machine.  I am seriously thinking of getting a patent for it.

A fairly simply design.  I have ordered stainless steel wheels to replace those plastic plumbing caps that keep falling apart.  I need to changer the dimensions a bit, but otherwise it is very easy to use and best of all it works.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment