BHS 100K

Here is some video and pictures from the 2013 Bishop Ultramarathon. I completed the 100K in 14 hours 22 minutes.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Stretching, Strengthening and Massage Routine

Happy New Year everyone!

I will be kicking of the New Year with a 50K "Fat Ass" Ultra-trail run up in the Red Rock Conservation area tomorrow.  "Fat Ass" means there is no official entry, entry fees and only minimal support for the runners.  Really its just a bunch of people getting together to run and deciding to call in a race.  I am still recovering from that hamstring knot that I have in the lower part of the biceps femoris of my right leg.  I was finally able to pinpoint the problem area with the help of my massage thearapist, Scott, Proactive Health Therapeutic, and although I am not 100% yet (are we ever?), I am starting to run longer distance already and I am really looking forward to tomorrow.

I thought it would be a good time to also post some of the other conditioning routines that I use that help me run those longer distances.  I have broken them down into three areas: stretching, strengthening and massage, and created the following videos to describe and demonstrate them.

Self-massage Routines 


Strengthening Routines



Stretching Routines

Hamstring Stretch
 

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant ideas and informations. Actually sometimes I walk in my foot thanks now I know that it could help me.. but beware of wounded materials.
    Thanks for sharing.
    A webmaster of
    massage

    ReplyDelete