BHS 100K

Here is some video and pictures from the 2013 Bishop Ultramarathon. I completed the 100K in 14 hours 22 minutes.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Another recovery week and 2XU compression gear

My graph

My legs felt like they could use some more rest so last week I backed off the mileage a bit to a  total of 50. I had planned to put in several 20 milers during spring break, but every time I got close to 15 miles my right hamstring started feeling the strain so I cut it short. Again I became bummed because of this; I never imagined I would become down on myself so fast but it is happening again.   Everything I fall short of reaching a goal I set for myself I start to lose hope. I really need to stop that. I am felling better today though and I hope to put in  20 or so tomorrow.

I am trying out some more compression gear this time from 2XU (pronounced 2 times you). So far I am loving this stuff.  I tried the Elite Compression Tights on a day when it was 80 degrees F and they were very comfortable. I don't know if I want want to run in them if it was much warmer though.  What else is cool about them is that I can easily slip ice packs under them after a long run to further reduce inflammation.  I definitely feel they are reducing muscle soreness and fatigue and I am going to keep using them and let you know how it goes.  Incidentally I am 6' 2", 185 lbs and have a 34 inch waist and the medium long tights fit me well.  I was worried that the medium would be too small but they are just right.  I also trying out a pair of 2XU Calf Guards.  So far I like them better than the CEP compression socks I had been using before.  The CEP socks are made from a knit material get torn really easily which is annoying when you pay $40 a piece for them.  I always get tears in them on the inside heal where I accidentally kick myself from time to time while running.  The 2XU Calf Guards are made from a solid stretch material that won't tear as easily and seems to give better compression too.

What do you all do to stay positive when you have trouble reaching your goals? I would love to hear from some of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment