BHS 100K

Here is some video and pictures from the 2013 Bishop Ultramarathon. I completed the 100K in 14 hours 22 minutes.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Resting up for Bishop 100k

I am getting pretty excited in anticipation of my big run which is just one week away now.   The Bishop 100k starts at 6:00am Saturday, May18th and now I am resting for the event putting in only a few easy runs a week.  Below is a graph of my weekly mileage totals from the past 4 1/2 months.  I had originally planned to run a few more heavy weeks in April of 80 miles or more, but I felt I had to scale that back when my  body wasn't responding well to the demands and needed more rest. Though I do feel good about the training that I have done knowing that I have pushed it as hard as I possibly can and came out of it without any injuries.  My hamstring problem is continuing to improve and by race day I anticipate any lingering soreness to completely disappear.  Looking back I see that I have a block of 6 weeks with 60 plus miles, one 7 day period where I logged 96 miles and 5 separate back to back long runs of 18 to 35 miles.


My graph I also have prepared for the mountains by putting in a bunch of hours on the trails around Mt. Charleston.
Mountain view from Harris Springs road.  One of my favorite training routes for long climbs and descents.  From this point it takes about 3 1/2 to 4 hours to make it to that snow covered peak - Griffith Peak.


No comments:

Post a Comment