BHS 100K

Here is some video and pictures from the 2013 Bishop Ultramarathon. I completed the 100K in 14 hours 22 minutes.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Angel's Landing in Mt. Zion and a good week of running


I really enjoyed running this week.  Those anti-inflammatories the doctor prescribed got me going again and I am cutting back on them already.  I ran a total of 37 miles all at a modest easy pace with 3 runs of 9 - 10 miles.  I should be able to keep that up now and slowly increase the weekly mileage again.  My next major race that I am considering isn't until next May when I would like to enter the Bishop High Sierra 100K again.  My training goal for that one is to build up to the point where I am putting in 100 mile weeks in March and April.  The key will be building up to it gradually, eating and staying healthy.

On Tuesday I went to see a physical therapist and he showed me some exercises and stretches that I already knew and a couple of new ones too.  It was good to see because it reminded me about some exercises using rubber bands placed between the knees that I hadn't been doing for awhile. He also did his best to work out some of the knots and trigger points in my hamstring. Some day soon I will need to add to this blog the core training that I do.

Last Saturday Amy and I made it to the top of Angel's Landing in Mt. Zion.  Although it is not one of the most difficult hikes in terms of vertical height or distance it requires some steady nerves as some precarious parts are fairly steep and a slip could mean falling of a cliff.  Six people have actually died on this hike since 2004, though I can only imagine that they were being reckless when they fell.  Well Amy is a real trouper and I am quite proud of the fact that she made it to the top.

On our way up


Looking straight down the 1500 foot cliff

Top of Angel's Landing

Sitting on top of the biscuit.  Nothing but space around from up there.

Cables have been erected to assist in the climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment